ObservePoint Custom Tag
The ObservePoint Custom Tag is a virtual tag that can be used in an Audit or Journey to access data that cannot ordinarily be accessed easily. For example, it can help find missing links, inspect HTML on the page, determine the byte size of all cookies on a page, look for SEO keywords, and much more.
The data captured with this tag will show up as ObservePoint Data in the Variable Summary Report.
Click on the number of unique values to see each value as well as each URL the value was found on. You can also find OP Custom Tag Data on each page under the Tags ribbon in the Page Details report.
Here is a guide to help you create your own OP Custom Tag and help you customize it to meet your own needs.
Pre-built Custom Tags
The following documents have sample code that can be used with the OP Custom Tag to expand its functionality. The terms in parenthesis represent the label it will have in the Variable Summary report.
- Key Word Search (check for keywords in the HTML)
- Links List (Links List)
- All Links not Current Domain (Other Domain Links)
- Most Downloads (Download Links)
- 404 Image Status Codes (404 Images)
- Responsive test (Responsive Test)
- Open Graph tags (Open Graph)
- Basic SEO Data (SEO)
- Other SEO Details (SEO Data)
- SEO Validating JSON-LD (Json-ld)
- Page Performance Details (Page Performance)
Landing Page Validation
1. Monitor Query Parameters Persist After Redirects (Final URL + Query Parameters)
- Adobe External Links (External Links)
- Ensighten tag management rules (Ensighten Tag)
- Tealium JS Loader (Tealium JS)
- Tealium Tags & Extensions (Tealium Tags)
- Journey JS (Strala Touchpoints / Attribution tracking)
- All Hard Coded JS Files (Hard Coded JS)
- Specific Hard Coded JS Files (Specific Top JS Files)
- Tag Performance (Tag Performance)
- Google Link Attributes (Google Attributes)
- Adobe Target Info
- Optimizely A/B testing (Optimizely Data)
Privacy & Security
- Cookies (1st Party Cookies)
- Forms with PII (Finds possible violations)
- Collecting network request URLs (Network Urls)
- Unsecured Content (Unsecured Content)
- Unsecured Content v2 (Unsecured Content v2)