macOS: Configuring the LiveConnect Proxy
In order to use LiveConnect, you will need to configure the LiveConnect Proxy through a browser extension or by changing the proxy settings on your device. This page shows how to change the proxy settings on a macOS device.
- In a browser, access LiveConnect and select the Device and Profile you previously created. Click New Journey. Before you start recording, complete the following steps using the Proxy and Port indicated on the New Journey page.
- Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences and select Network
- Click Advanced.
- In Advanced, select Proxies. Tick FTP Proxy. Set the FTP Proxy Server address and port as indicated in your ObservePoint Journey menu (each journey has a unique port number). Click OK.
- Click Apply and close System Preferences.
- You can now open the site or desktop app in question and analyze the tags in the Live Connect interface.
- Return to Proxies in System Preferences after recording your Web Journey to disable the proxy settings (untick FTP Proxy, erase the Proxy and Port, click OK and then Apply settings on the Network dialog).