Windows: Configuring the LiveConnect Proxy
In order to use LiveConnect, you will need to configure the LiveConnect Proxy through a browser extension or by changing the proxy settings on your device. This page shows how to change the proxy settings on a Windows device.
- In a browser, access LiveConnect and select the Device and Profile you previously created. Click New Journey. Before you start recording, complete the following steps using the Proxy and Port indicated on the New Journey page.
- In Windows Settings, select Network & Internet.
- Select Proxy under Network & Internet. Set Use a Proxy Server to On. Set the address and port as indicated in your ObservePoint Journey menu (each journey has a unique port number). Click Save.
- You can now open the site or desktop app in question and analyze the tags in the Live Connect interface.
- Return to Proxy in Windows Settings after recording your Journey to disable the proxy settings (toggle Use Proxy Server to Off).