Android: Installing the LiveConnect Certificate
In order to use LiveConnect, you will need to install the LiveConnect root certificate. This page shows how to install the certificate on an Android device.
- Complete the New Device Setup process for a new device in LiveConnect.
- On your Android device do one of the following:
- Login to the LiveConnect interface, locate your device profile in ObservePoint and select and copy the download link for the Certificate. Open a new browser tab, paste the Certificate link in the address bar and download the Certificate on your Android device.
- Download the certificate from here: https://api.observepoint.com/v2/certs/ab436
Note: You will need to be logged in to download the certificate. If you are not logged in, you will be redirected to our login page. The download will start after successfully logging in.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Security & Location.
- Tap Encryption & Credentials.
- Under Credential Storage, tap Install from Storage.
- Click the hamburger (☰) icon at the top-left to reveal the Open from menu to locate the certificate (tip: use “Recent”). Tap the certificate file.
- Provide a name for the certificate (for example, “ObservePoint”), and set Credential use to VPNs and Apps. Tap OK.