ObservePoint Applications: GDPR
On May 25, 2018, the way you collect consumer data may become illegal, thanks to the General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR.
GDPR is a regulation originating in the European Union with the goal of protecting personal consumer data. And it doesn’t just affect EU companies. If your company collects data from EU consumers, regardless of whether your company is based in the EU or not, then this regulation applies to you.
So let’s (safely) assume GDPR applies to you. What do you do about it? How can you step up your data privacy game?
The way you collect data with tags is integral to your data privacy strategy. To make sure your tags are GDPR compliant, you need to know:
- What tags you have on your site
- What data those tags are collecting
- Where your tags are sending and storing data
While ObservePoint is not a comprehensive GDPR compliance solution, you can use it to help you validate compliance.
So here are some of the things you can do with ObservePoint to move toward compliance:
- Consent Manager Validation: Set up an audit simulating a user modifying their cookie preferences.
- 1st Party Cookie Validation: Set up an audit that shows all the cookies being set from your domain.