Downloading & Uploading HAR Files
HAR files, short for HTTP Archive, track the history of information passed between the website and the browser. These fairly large files contain a vault of useful information including the network requests fired from all of the events fired (page load, click, scroll, etc.) during a session.
Note: This feature might not be available to you currently. If so, reach out to your Consultant or our support team firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to request access.
Downloading a HAR File
HAR files can be download easily from a Web Browser. For Mobile Applications, accessing the HAR file can be trickier, so we made a separate guide for downloading Mobile App HAR Files.
In this example, we'll show how to download the file in a Chrome browser, but it is accessible in other browsers as well.
- Open the DevTools and select the Network tab.
- Ensure the round button at the top left of the DevTools window is red and select the Preserve Logs option.
- Once you have recreated what you would like to capture, you can save the HAR file by right-clicking anywhere in the table and selecting "Save as HAR with content" or you can click the download icon highlighted in the image below.
Uploading a HAR File
In LiveConnect, users can upload HAR files and later process rules to check for tags and variables they expect to fire.
- Open LiveConnect.
- Pick a device that has been previously added (add a new one if you haven't yet).
- Click Upload HAR.
- Add a HAR name and choose the file(s) or drag them into the box, then click Upload.
- Once the HAR file upload is complete, click Done.
Note: The report won't be available until you receive the email notifying you that processing is complete.
- Either click the link in the email or find the Journey Report in LiveConnect.